From the Interim City Manager's Desk
October 23, 2017
Refuel Topeka has officially started with new meal sites being announced. The Crestview, Oakland and Rice Community Centers will now be open Monday through Friday starting at 4 p.m. for the after school meal program.
Children aged eighteen and under will be able to have a free shelf stable meal. Games will also be available at the meal site. About 2,500 children will now have access to these free meals in their area.
Other meal sites are being planned. For more information you can go to the Refuel Topeka website: https://www.refueltopeka.com/
- A new affordable housing project has been started at 116 and 1126 NW Van Buren Street. Two single family homes will be built and rents will be kept below or at fair market value.
- Budget & Performance staff is updating the performance portal with third quarter numbers. View updated performance statistics at https://performance.topeka.org/
- The Utilities department sent first 3 appraisals for acquisition of rights of way to support USACE floodwall modifications to review appraiser.
- Municipal Court Judge Dougherty-Bichsel will be sworn in on Monday, October 23rd.
City Employees complete Latino Leadership Collaborative Program
Liz Rodriguez and Officer Ismael Bermudez graduated from the Latino Leadership Collaborative of Kansas Program
o The program has 25 participants who will become knowledgeable, organized, and trained to better lead community organizations in the area of health, education and economic development
o The program helps people to realize their potential and aims to increase membership to leadership roles in the community
• October 21st and 28th- Boo at the Topeka Zoo.
• October 25th-TPD 41st Citizen Academy Graduation.
• October 27th- Coffee with a Cop-Cara's Cup (5600 SW 29th) 0900
• October 31st- Operation SAFE TREAT- Trunk or Treat.
• November 7th- TPD Ft. Leavenworth Career Fair.
• November 16th -FT Riley Career Fair- TPD Recruit Team in attendance
This weekly report is presented to you from the office of Interim City Manager Doug Gerber.
This report was produced through our open data portal. We have several other open data portals to help connect you with the work we do, including portals that let you: