From the City Manager's Desk
November 20, 2017
21st and Wanamaker intersection to open
Construction on 21st and Wanamaker road will be completed and the intersection will be opened on November 22nd.
This week the mill and overlay was completed on the road, signaling the final part of the project. Street lights will be put up and traffic cones will be removed before the 22nd.
- The October edition of our Development and Growth Management Report can be found at https://www.topeka.org/planning/Documents/DGM_Reports/DGMReport.pdf
- Affordable Housing and Rehabilitation projects are going on at Cornerstone property located at 715 SW Fillmore.
- Neighborhood Relations for calendar year 2017: 10,436 cases have been opened and 35,933 inspections have occurred.
- The 2017/2018 Street Preventative Maintenance program involving crack sealing of approximately 75 lane miles is ongoing.
Utilities Department builds for Habitat for Humanity
Members of the Utilities Department spent half of their day at work spending time building two houses for Habitat for Humanity.
One time a month, volunteers head out to the site and spend time putting up dry wall, siding and whatever other work needs to be completed.
- November 25th-Miracle on Kansas Christmas Parade- TPD Event/Traffic control
- The Budget Amendment Public Hearing will occur December 5th with adoption December 12th. Budget amendments are proposed expenditure authority increases in certain funds as required and allowed by State statute.
- City Administrative Buildings will be closed for Thanksgiving on November 23rd and 24th.
This weekly report is presented to you from the office of City Manager Brent Trout.
This report was produced through our open data portal. We have several other open data portals to help connect you with the work we do, including portals that let you: