From the Interim City Manager's Desk
June 5, 2017
- The 2016 Audit and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is ready and available for public viewing.
- The City's Planning Department was awarded $300,000 Brownfields Grant through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Brownfields are properties in which expansion, redevelopment, or reuse may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant. The grant Topeka received allows $200,000 for hazardous substances and $100,000 for petroleum. The money will be spent on site assessments, to inventory and prioritize the city's brownfield sites, to prepare cleanup plans, and to support community outreach activities in the North Topeka Riverfront area.
- In an effort to keep the public informed and to promote the City’s Open Data, we have begun featuring a “Monthly Measure” in which we highlight a measure of the City at the beginning of each month. For June, we promoted Public Meetings.
Refuel Topeka is a Summer Meal Program created to provide all Topeka children nutritious meals while on summer vacation. Refuel not only provides a free lunch, but various activities at each meal site during the summer. With over 20 participating locations throughout the city, we offer a fun, safe environment for anyone up to the age of 18 to come out and enjoy their summer vacation with friends!
Learn more at www.refueltopeka.com
- Topeka Way To Work staff start work on Monday. We have ten new employees joining us and will be working in Communications, Development Services, Human Resources, Neighborhood Relations, Municipal Court, and the Zoo. Help us give them all a warm welcome!
- TPAC will hold a Focus Group Discussion on Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 at 12:00 p.m. with the goal of gathering input from the community about what types of artists and entertainment you are most interested in. Participation is encouraged!
- The next Coffee with a Cop is scheduled for June 14th from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the McDonald's at 29th and California. We hope to see you there!
This weekly report is presented to you from the office of Interim City Manager Doug Gerber.
This report was produced through our open data portal. We have several other open data portals to help connect you with the work we do, including portals that let you: