From the Interim City Manager's Desk
May 29, 2017
Rolling Truck Tour
As part of Topeka's participation in Public Works Week, a "Rolling Truck Tour" visited two area schools.
About 210 students were given the opportunity to see and touch the trucks that are used to keep our City working well. They were also able to interact with our workers and ask questions about what it's like to be in Public Works.
You can read all about it on our Tweet Along!
Public Works Week Features
As a final wrap up for Public Works Week, we wanted to share the stories of a few of our amazing staff.
- The 2016 Audit and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is ready and available for public viewing.
- City Council held a special executive session this week, so no recap, but there is a PREcap you can view for more information. Council also called a brief executive session on Thursday regarding the Wheatfield Development project. More to come about that.
- Our Budget Public Feedback Forum that had to be rescheduled due to weather will be held TONIGHT at the LEC from 6:00 - 7:30. Come hear a brief overview of the budget and then have the chance to voice your opinions.
- Staff is still working hard on the proposed 2018 budget and are looking forward to the upcoming budget workshops with the Governing Body.
- TPD will host the annual Law Enforcement Torch Run on Wednesday, May 31. The route this year will be a two mile run through downtown Topeka, ending with a celebration at the LEC. If you're available to step outside and cheer on the athletes, we hope you will!
- Refuel Topeka is holding a kickoff party on Saturday, June 3 at Central Park from 11:00 - 1:00 pm. We hope you'll come celebrate with us!
- Our Utility Billing System and Payment Portal are scheduled to go through an upgrade the weekend of June 2 - 4. This will cause City Express, the Call Center, and our online payment portal to be unable to take Utility Bill Payments or review customer accounts from 1:00 pm on Friday, June 2 through 7:00 am Monday, June 5.
- TPAC will hold a Focus Group Discussion on Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 at 12:00 p.m. with the goal of gathering input from the community about what types of artists and entertainment you are most interested in. Participation is encouraged!
This weekly report is presented to you from the office of Interim City Manager Doug Gerber.
This report was produced through our open data portal. We have several other open data portals to help connect you with the work we do, including portals that let you: